FaceFormer therapy according to Berndsen/Berndsen is a cause-oriented, neurophysiological treatment concept. The therapy includes exercises for tensioning and relaxing of muscles and for the functional adjustemt and correction as well as for the activation of brain nerve functions. Important elements of the holistic therapy are:
- Guided movements
- Low-pressure formation in the mouth and throat
- Activation of breathing and functions of lower and upper respiratory tract
- Activations of interactive muscle chain functions
- Stimulation of cranial nerve functions
- Pattern formation in the brain
- Functional correction
- Functional harmonization
- Strengthening the orofacial and pharyngeal muscles
- Optimization of cranio-cervical balance and sensomotor activity
- Optimization of the body statics
- Stimulation of metabolism
Snoring is not only a considerable own stress, but also often an intolerable and annoying noise for the spouse. While occasional snoring is usually harmless, snoring accompanied by frequent breathing interruptions requires treatment, particularly if the concerned person subsequently often feels tired in the daytime. The main cause of snoring and also sleep apnea is the atony of muscles and tissues in the mouth, throat, nasal cavity. Saggy tissue narrows the air passages to the lungs.
Technical overpressure breathing is regarded as the gold standard in the therapy of obstructive sleep apnea. However, many CPAP users do not withstand the concomitant strain permanently and give up at some point. The causes do not change, and every night without CPAP ventilation makes this aware again. Patients must use their “crutches” lifelong every night to reduce their breathing problems, because it is a purely symptomatic treatment.